Manual Lymph Drainage (MLD)
MLD is a safe and non-invasive technique, that can naturally be beneficial in the relief and management of several conditions, as well as in the general maintenance of good health.
I am a fully qualified Vodder MLD/DLT Practitioner and Lymphoedema therapist, registered with MLD UK, practising the verified Dr. Vodder Method.
Manual Lymphatic Drainage (MLD) works by applying a light and rhythmic form of massage to improve the function of the lymphatic system, promoting good health and vitality. Through slow and delicate stretching and manipulation across the skin, lymphatic flow is stimulated, and the nervous system is eased.
First developed in the 1930s by pioneering Danish doctors Emil and Estrid Vodder, it uses precise technique and gentle pressure to mobilise lymphatic flow, which allows cells to replenish, and channels waste out of the body.
The lymphatic system is a drainage network that carries waste and toxins from our cells and out of our bodies, as well as aiding crucial absorption of nutrients. When our sedentary lifestyles, poor diet or illness leave it sluggish, our bodies struggle to effectively eliminate the pathogens that otherwise leave us vulnerable to fatigue, stress and infection. The lymphatic system is an essential part of our immune system, and is also instrumental in the body’s production of new white blood cells. It can be especially effective in:
- Regulating blood pressure
- Pain relief
- Relief from post-traumatic oedema (e.g. sports injuries)
- Relief from migraine headaches
- Regeneration of tissues (following burns or post-op scarring)
- Reduction of swelling (e.g. puffy eyes, swollen ankles)
- Relief from arthritic symptoms (swelling, pain and inflammation)
- Reduction in symptoms of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and fibromyalgia
- Relief from insomnia, stress and low mood
- Regulation of digestive disorders (Irritable Bowel Syndrome, constipation)
- Detoxification as part of fertility treatment
- Supporting treatment of lymphedema
- Relief from sinusitis, and nose and throat congestion
- Dermatological Conditions (including acne)
Special Therapy Packages
Special pricing is available for clients or patients with frequent therapy needs, if you are in need of daily therapies please contact me.
After care advice